Today is the New Year’s Eve party at our place. We’ve invited family and friends over for dinner and then to watch the fireworks display at the KLCC park. We are so fortunate to be staying at the most strategic location during celebrations like this – there is no need to be trapped in traffic jam; we could just take a lift down and join in the celebrations – or we could just stand on our balcony and watch the fireworks display comfortably.
For the party, I cooked and baked the following items:
- Chocolate cake with frosting
- Blueberry cheesecake
- Orange almond cake
- Pizza – with an assortment of toppings of pineapples, button mushroom, capsicum, brinjal, minced chicken, chicken ham, sliced tomatoes, stuffed olives, tuna, crab – topped with mozarella and cream cheese. I prepared the pizza dough in the afternoon; by the time I finished kneading the dough, I was worn out. But, it was all worth it!
- Vegetarian ikan bilis sambal
- Fried lady’s finger in yogurt
- My in-laws brought some pasta and pie.
The spread of food
Ingredients for the pizza
Everyone had a great time – chatting, joking and giggling. And watched all the funny movies – Proposal and Kung Fu Panda – it was merry and fun.
The beautiful view of KLCC’s tip accompanied by the moon – a perfect sight.
At sharp 12.00 a.m. – 01.01.10 – we popped the champagne and gave a toast to great health, happiness and abundance for the brand new year. We enjoyed the fireworks display – it was so exhilarating to usher the new year with our loved ones accompanied by an array of fireworks and baloons on the sky. HAPPY 2010!