I made this eggless pancake for breakfast this morning and nothing beats the smell of cinnamon wafting in the house early in the morning – a sort of a warm and welcoming scent.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter
1. Whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder).
2. Mix the milk, vegetable oil, water and vanilla extract.
3. Stir in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Do not overmix. Lumps are perfectly fine. Set aside for a couple of minutes.
4. Heat a non-stick flat-pan at medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the butter and let it melt.
5. Add the melted butter to the pancake batter and return the pan to the stove. Mix the butter into the batter.
6. When the pan is hot enough, pour a ladle-full of batter on the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear on the face of the pancake.
7. Carefully flip the pancake and cook until it’s golden brown.
8. We ate it with Manuka honey and some blueberry jam – yummy!