I love onion rings. One of my favorite childhood memories is going to A&W and devouring the crispy onion rings. That was ages back. Now, with a slowed metabolism I can’t afford to indulge in deep-fried food without the guilt. When I came across a recipe that doesn’t call for deep-frying the onion rings, it was an A-HA moment for me. But then, I contained my excitement and waited to test out the recipe.
The verdict ——> super crispy minus the grease. I was ecstatic. This recipe is a keeper. Now, I can indulge in this comfort snack whenever I want to without worrying about calories 🙂
- 5 yellow onions
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups bread crumbs
1. Slice onions into rings.
2. Mix the flour and salt on a plate and coat the onion rings onto the flour one at a time.
3. Place the flour-coated-onion-rings on a plate sprayed with cooking spray and place it in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 205 degrees Celcius.
6. After 15 minutes, take the flour-coated-onion-rings out from the freezer.
7. Dip the rings in milk and then roll it onto the bread crumbs.
8. Place the onion rings on a baking tray sprayed with cooking oil.
9. Bake for about 20 minutes.
10. Serve with tomato or chili sauce.
11. Indulge guilt-free!