A hearty bowl of warm tomato soup served with shavings of Parmesan cheese topped with basil is the perfect meal to have on a rainy evening. It’s so comforting that it reminds you of home, wherever you might be. The bowl of soup was so inviting that my husband and his friend immediately tucked into it leaving me no time to snap photos of it. So here’s the recipe without any illustrations to enlighten you of how good this bowl of soup was.
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2-3 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup thick cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A knob of butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- Shaved parmesan cheese
1. Saute garlic with a knob of butter till fragrant.
2. Add the can of diced tomatoes and tomato puree. Let it simmer.
3. Then, add the vegetable stock and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add the thickened cream and let it simmer until you get the desired consistency.
5. Serve with shaved parmesan cheese and garnish with basil leaves.
6. Slurp away!