- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup oats, quick or rolled
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/6 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, oats, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, salt, almond, and chocolate chips.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg and melted butter.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula just until evenly moistened; the batter will be lumpy.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 9X5-inch loaf pan and bake at 175 degrees C until a knife or toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 50 minutes.