Whenever we go out to any Western restaurants, I find myself looking at the soup menu and the one that is always there is mushroom soup. Most of the time, I am not too happy with the texture and taste of the soup – it’s either too salty or too runny. So, this time I decided to make it myself. And I was delighted at the result. My sisters being avid fans of mushroom soup attested that this soup is delicious. Herewith is the recipe:
- 1 big yellow onion, chopped
- Whole bulb garlic, chopped
- 1 packet white mushroom
- 1 packet brown mushroom
- 3 potatoes, cubed (pre-cooked)
- Vegetable stock
- Black pepper
- Sauté chopped garlic and onion in butter till fragrant.
- Add in the mushroom and sauté till fragrant.
- Add in the potatoes.
- Add vegetable stock and cream/milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a blender and purée.
- Transfer the purée to the pot and heat up.
- Check for consistency and flavour (add in more cream/milk if too thick).
- Adjust for seasoning.