I am a big fan of peanut butter. These cookies were the perfect treat for me after a long day of handling a temperamental toddler. As she was napping, I sat down with a cookie in my hand and bit into the soft-and-chewy cookie and my mood was immediately elevated! Since this recipe calls for no flour, the cookie has a rich peanut flavor and a creamy texture. So perfect!
- 1 Cup creamy peanut butter (I used GIF)
- 1/2 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Large egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Stir together peanut butter and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Grease a baking tray.
- Roll dough into golf-sized balls.
- Place the dough 2 inches apart on the baking try.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.
- Let cool on baking tray on a wire rack 5 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack, and let cool 15 minutes.
- Store in an air tight container.
- Note: I refrigerated half of the dough for 30 minutes before shaping it into golf-sized balls. For the refrigerated dough, the cookie was a little chewy and firmer. For the dough which I shaped without refrigerating, the resulting cookie turned out very chewy and crumbly.