Anything that is homemade delights me. No matter how much marketing goes into promoting a processed food, it’s an indisputable fact that nothing tastes better than a meal prepared from scratch using the very best ingredients in hand. I know very well how much preservatives go into making Japanese tofu. So when I chanced upon this recipe, I was ecstatic. This homemade beancurd recipe yields a velvety smooth and creamy pudding-like tofu. It’s so good it can be eaten on its own.
- 500 ml Fresh unsweetened soya milk
- 5 Eggs
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- Line a 20-cm square tray with cling paper.
- Beat eggs lightly and add soya milk, salt and cornflour.
- Mix well with a fork and strain the mixture.
- Cover the tray with cling wrap and steam over low heat for 20 minutes.