I made this jar of peanut butter and it was an instant hit! Homemade with no preservatives or artificial flavorings. The store-bought ones contain only 60% peanuts and the rest are corn syrup solids and fully hydrogenated vegetable oils. Stuffs that I don’t want to be consuming on a daily basis. This homemade peanut butter contains 100% peanuts and no other additives. Just peanuts and some molasses with a pinch of salt – that’s it! And it’s so delicious!
Ingredients: (Yields a 12 oz jar of peanut butter)
- 430 gm raw peanuts
- A pinch of salt
- 2 – 3 tsp molasses
- Dry-roast the peanuts over medium flame.
- Remove the skin. Leave to cool.
- Using a food processor or a dry-blender/mill, grind the peanut with salt and molasses until it forms a smooth paste and becomes creamy.
- Scrape the sides and grind according to desired consistency.
- Transfer the peanut butter to a jar.
- Leave to cool.
- Best kept refrigerated since it contains no preservative.