As I woke up this morning, I felt like I was coming down with something. My joints ached and my throat started to feel irritated. All I felt like doing was to lie in bed and do nothing. But that didn’t happen. I have an energetic 2-year old who is raring to go the moment she wakes up early in the morning.
As I am all for natural homemade remedies, I decided to drag myself to the kitchen to make this honey-lime-ginger concoction to nurse my cold. Nothing like a hot cup of honey/lemon/ginger when you are feeling under the weather. Gulping down the soothing warm drink, I felt so much better.
- Lemon, sliced thinly
- Ginger, sliced thinly
- Honey, enough to cover the jar
- Start with the lemon slices at the bottom of the jar.
- Then, followed by a layer of ginger slices.
- Fill it up till 3/4 of the jar.
- Squeeze honey enough to get all the way to the bottom, up the sides and barely covering the top layer.
- Pop the lid on and place the jar in the refrigerator.
- Let it sit for at least 2 days or so before consuming. (I used mine immediately to soothe the sore throat).
- You can use a scoop of this concoction as a tea base or with just a cup of warm water.
- Since honey is a natural preservative, you can keep it going in the refrigerator for years.