When I catch myself having negative thoughts, I stop and ask myself these questions:
- How does this thought serve me in the long run?
- Does this thought lead me to the life I want to be living?
- Do I want to manifest this thought in my life?
- Do I want to allow this thought to reign control over me?
- Do I want this thought to come true?
When I realized that this thought does not do me any good, I then replace those thoughts with the thoughts that I want to see manifest in my life. This method seems to be effective to consciously ingrain the habits of positive thinking. I feel more in control and empowered now. A sense of peace and liberation fills me within knowing that I have the power to change my thought patterns.