Tomorrow will be my grandma’s 16th day prayers and I am sitting wondering how did the time fly so fast. Everything seems to be moving at a lightning speed nowadays. Sometimes I wonder are we having too much on our plate that we find it impossible to live moment by moment like how we used to when we were little. It’s a food for thought…
Anyway, I am digressing. For the 16th day prayers, I decided to make some cakes and muffin and it all has to be eggless vegetarian dishes. This eggless muffin is moist and fluff – I loved it. The portion is quite huge in my opinion. That’s because I didn’t have a smaller muffin pan 😉
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celcius.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and salt into a large mixing bowl. Add sugar.
- Cut in the butter with 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of this crumb mixture.
- Add the remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon to the remaining crumb mixture.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the buttermilk and add to the crumb mixture, stirring until the dry ingredients are well moistened. Add vanilla essence.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan and sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the muffin is lightly browned on top.